- “Proud to belong: the impact of ethics training on police officers” with D. Harris (University of Oxford), D. Serra (Texas A&M University), H. Telli (International Growth Centre), B. Schettini (Brazil Ministry of the Economy) and S. Dercon (University of Oxford), CSAE Working paper, May 2022 (link).
- “Trading social status for genetics in marriage markets: Evidence from UK biobank” with A. Abdellaoui (University of Amsterdam), D. Hugh-Jones (University of East Anglia) and PA. Chiappori (Columbia University), June 2022 (link).
Work in Progress
- “Meritocratic principal selection and student achievement,” with J. Merewood (University of East Anglia).
- “The impacts of integrity training and information and on corruption,” with N. Grabher-Meyer (University of East Anglia), S. Heger (University of Bologna) and A. Patel (University of East Anglia).
- “Allies and prosociality in conflict areas: Evidence from the war in Ukraine”, with C. Brunnschweiler, A. Patel, D. Hugh-Jones (University of East Anglia), and Oleksandra Keudel (Kyiv School of Economics).
- “Politics in hospitals: partisan managers and hospital performance”.
“Transition to agriculture and first state presence: A global analysis,” (with Louis Putterman and Ola Olsson), Explorations in Economic History, 2021 – 82. (link)
“The illicit benefits of local party alignment in national elections,” forthcoming in the Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, UEA Working Paper Series 2016-10 (link).
“Fighting corruption in education: what works and who benefits?” (with Mikael Lindahl and Andreea Mitrut), American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, February 2017, 9(1):180-209 (link)
- An earlier version: Gothenburg University Working Paper in Economics, No. 612, February 2015 (link)
“The impact of an unexpected wage cut on corruption: evidence from a “xeroxed” exam” (with Mikael Lindahl and Andreea Mitrut), Journal of Public Economics, December 2014, Volume 20, pp. 32-47 (link).
“Curbing Adult Student Attrition: Evidence from a Field Experiment” (with Raj Chande, Michael Luca, Michael Sanders, Xian-Zhi Soon, Netta-Barak-Corren, Elizabeth Linos, Elspeth Kirkman and Sean Robinson), Harvard Business School Working Paper, No. 15-065, February 2015 (link)
“Variation in sub-national QoG in Romania”, Book chapter in Charron, N., V. Lapuente and B. Rothstein eds., “Quality of Government and Corruption from a European perspective,” Edward Elgar, 2013
“Nord-Vest”, in Charron, N., V. Lapuente and B. Rothstein eds. “Measuring the Quality of Government in the EU and Sub-national Variation,” Report for the European Commission Directorate-General Regional Policy Directorate, December 2010.